You may be reading or hearing about the waves of hacks happening to websites big and small these days. You may also think, “Oh, no one would want to hack MY website.” Rest assured that if your website is live, it is under attack as I write this. Even if you don’t have credit card or customer information to steal, hackers attack websites because they use your website to launch attacks on other websites, host malicious content, send spam email, mine cryptocurrency, and host phishing pages. In the process, the reputation of your website is damaged, your viewers are put at risk, and Google posts a big red splash page telling everyone your website is dangerous.
While I have always hardened the security on my client’s WordPress websites, I have found that new and more aggressive measures need be taken. Some hacks and malware injections are not removable or repairable; meaning the only way to get your website up and running again is to rebuild it from scratch, or restore it from a backed up archive.
I feel strongly that all of my client sites need this protection, and I want to make sure you are interested in having DLM Web do this work for you. I ask that you fill out the form below to designate if you want opt-in, or opt-out, of these security measures.
Opt-in means that DLM Web will
- Log into your WordPress dashboard regularly to run WordPress, Theme, and Plugin updates
- Install a plugin to run automatic backups on a weekly basis.
- Send those backup archive files to DLM Web’s secure Amazon S3 storage.
- Install the WordFence plugin and configuring the settings to prevent brute force attacks, malware injections, and excessive crawling and spider bot attacks.
- Invoice the client for time necessary to implement and maintain these security measures and a small stipend for the S3 storage space. Total cost for time and storage is estimated to be roughly $30 per quarter, or $125 per year.
- In the event of a hack, DLM Web will be able to restore the entire website as of the last backup.
Opt-out means that
- The client will be responsible for running all WordPress, Theme, and Plugin updates.
- The client will be responsible for backing up the website.
- The client will be responsible for installing security plugins.
- In the event of a hack, the client may hire DLM Web to help repair the site, but no guarantee can be provided.